Effective Date: May 1, 2016.
We respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
We collect several types of information from you in various ways when you interact with us, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, payment method information, or e-mail address (“Personal Information”) or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details. We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Website, or through third parties. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and other information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.Information You Provide to Us:
The information we collect may include, among other things: Information that you provide when establishing an account with us or placing an order with us; Information when you report a problem with our Website; Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us; Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; Details of transactions when you make a purchase from us; Information you may be required to provide regarding contact, billing, payment or other financial information before placing an order through our Website; Information regarding your participation in a rebate or warranty program offered by us or a third party; Your search queries on the Website; and Information that you provide when you communicate with any or our departments such as customer service, sales or technical services through the Site, telephone, mail or fax.Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies, and Other Technologies:
As you navigate and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including: (i) details of your visits, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and (ii) information about your computer, device, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. The information we collect is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you return to our Website. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons:We (or service providers on our behalf) may collect information through the use of “Web Beacons” on pages of our Website and e-mails. Web Beacons are small electronic files (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs), which may employ cookie technology that enable us to record data about visits to or transactions made on the Site. This information is sometimes known as “clickstream data.” We may use this data to analyze trends and statistics to improve your online experience and our customer service.
- When you use the Website, or the content therein, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers, analytics companies, your mobile device manufacturer, and your mobile service provider. These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Website. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
- We might also receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information such as through co-branded or joint offerings with third parties.
2. USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information to: present our Website and its contents to you; improve your experience on the Site; provide you with information, products or services and to communicate with you about information that you request; fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; provide you with notices about your account; carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; notify you about changes to our Website, or any products or services we offer or provide though it; allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website; or help us target specific offers to you, to help us develop and improve our Site, and to tailor our Site to your interests. We may also use such information in any other way we may describe when you provide the information or for any other purpose with your consent.3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To Service Providers: We may employ other companies or individuals to provide certain services to, or on behalf of, us such as fulfilling orders, delivering shipments, sending postal mail or e-mail, analyzing customer lists and data, processing rebates transactions, providing warranty services, or performing marketing or consulting services. These third parties (“Service Providers”) may be given access to your Personal Information needed to perform these services, but will not be permitted to use your Personal Information for any other purpose.
- To Third Party Marketing Partners: From time to time we might establish a business relationship with other third parties whom we believe are trustworthy. In such cases we might license, exchange, share and/or cross-reference information, including your name, postal mailing address, telephone number or email address that will enable such third parties to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you.
- To Related Companies: We may share your postal and e-mail address, telephone number(s), customer preferences, and purchase history with other subsidiaries and affiliates of our parent company, Systemax Inc.
- To Shippers: We may share your information, such as your name, telephone number and shipping information, to third party shippers (such as UPS, FEDEX and the United States Postal Service) to deliver your product(s). There also may be instances in which we drop-ship orders directly to you from one of our manufacturers or suppliers. These drop-shippers are given your information, such as your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number, for the sole purpose of fulfilling your order.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third Party Transaction-Level Data:
If you visit the Site from a third-party website, the third-party website may be able to access select information from your individual transaction information. In order to track and credit your transaction the third-party website may give you a unique code, cookie or graphic which will uniquely identify you. This will only happen if you link directly from a third party website to the Site. Any transactions made at the Site while such a code is active will be reported back to the third party website. We will only report non-Personal Information to these websites such as the date of the transaction, the product(s) purchased and the amount spent. We will not report any information to these third party websites that will allow them to personally identify you.Links to Third Party Site:
Our Site, sites we operate, and unaffiliated sites, display interest-based advertising and contain certain links to third party websites, such as our vendors’ websites and links to other websites intended to facilitate our customers’ shopping experience, such as Google Translate. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or content found on these websites. We recommend that you check the privacy notice of each website you visit. Links to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience and any submission of data to such websites shall be at your sole risk.Law Enforcement and Protection of Users:
To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose Personal Information to government authorities or third parties pursuant to a legal request, subpoena or other legal process. We may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to perform charge verifications, report or collect debts owed, fight fraud or protect our rights or property as well as those of our affiliates, customers, or its users. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your Personal Information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.4. AFFILIATE PROGRAMS
We maintain relationships with third party affiliate websites. Although we do not and cannot control the activities of the third parties that operate such websites, in the event you suspect an affiliate website is engaging in abusive practices, including, for example, spam, trademark infringement, predatory means of attracting visitors, or unlawful activities, please contact us.5. CHILDREN AND PRIVACY
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website, on or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will work to delete that information.6. SECURITY
We employ 128-bit encryption technology in all areas of the Site which require you to provide your personal or account information, including those areas related to online ordering and order status. The Site utilizes industry-standard firewalls and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of potentially sensitive Personal Information, such as your name, address and credit card number.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. You should recognize, however, that no computer system is fully secure and that there are inherent risks associated with Internet transactions. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. To make sure you have the latest security features on your browser, you may want to download the most recent version of your favorite browser, which should have full SSL support.7. CORRECTIONS/INFORMATION; REMOVAL/OPT-OUT
If your name, e-mail or postal address, telephone number or other Personal Information changes, you may update, correct or omit the relevant information by contacting us.8. CONTACT INFORMATION
We may transfer or assign any customer information, including Personal Information, owned, under the control of, or received by the Company or its affiliates, in connection with a merger, divestiture, stock sale, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some of all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding.10. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY